Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wan Sui, Wan Sui, Wan Wan Sui........

At 66 years old I don't think me mumm looks any older than 45. I swear, the stuff she takes to maintain herself these years must have cost a house. Vanity..... I guess that's the most expensive maintainance 'tool'? Cars can cost an arm and a leg whilst in repair, but VANITY? Sheesh..... anyway, it's her day today, so I guess she basically can do what she wants to. (wait.... she is the mother.... of cos she CAN.... at ANY time for that matter) We are going to Shutters Resto @ Amara Sanctuary tonight.... hope they will do what they said they will!


Harbour Front is getting crowded, the human traffic of construction workers, white collar workers and that odd few Sentosa heading Bikini babes..... (excuse me, what do you mean UNCLE?!?) Hmmpff..... I came here to meet a good friend and we were discussing about work and also what he will be doing to his new flat and when it will be done. I just can't wait!!! :) He said I could cook in his new kitchen.... CHRISTIANING!!!! Only this time, I'm doing it with the pots and pans!

The phone went off: yes mum..... ok..... can..... now? Ok....... fine....... a while more..... hello? hello? (uurrmm does not equate to BYE)

Ahhh.... finally, she wants to eat my sandwich... hehe..... welcome to the BREAD side of life. Actually she called me to buy lunch for her.... but I was lazy... heh..... I know that we still have food at home, so why buy when I can create: Mango Chutney Sandwich with Ham + Bacon



- Bread, simple innit? Just toast them!


- Simple way to cook this. Cut shrooms into small bits or strips / cut mangoes into dices, not too much / cut red onions into long strips. Lay the bacon and ham into an oven tray and then plop all the mangoes, shrooms, onions above the meats. Drizzle olive oil and add a knob of butter. Cook for 10 minutes on high heat. At the 5 minute mark, toss and turn the mixture in the oven and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.

Serving: 1 of the bread to be bathed in mayo (that's how I like it) and place greens on it. Lay the shrooms first and then the meats then the shrooms again and meat as the top most layer. In between, get the chutney in there and then finally the cheese (I used Easy Cheese again. God Bless Kraft)



No candles to be stuck on the sandwich but I think me mumm loved it, I never seen her finish a plate of sandwich or anything for that matter in 30 seconds! :) Bless you mumm...... eat slowly and again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! A look from her and I gulped..... her right hand reaching out to me and palm facing up. A smile and these words exit her mouth: So, where is my Ang Pao?

No comments:

Post a Comment