Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Announcing the arrival of....

9am in the morning and I was on the way to the airport to pick the family up. AGAIN I am back at the airport... getting bored of this building. Anyway, it did not take long before the family were visible and waiting for their luggage. They brought Harum Manis Mangoes! SWEET.... Chitter chattering away in the car and before we knew it, we were home. Quickly unpacking the luggages and off we were again. Next stop: Jurong Point.

The nephews like Jurong Point due to the long bus ride that they will normally take had they gone out themselves, but since Empress Dowager aka Mega was with us, 15 minutes later and we were in JP. Not as bad I thought it would be, no lunch time crowd? The family wanted to have the Mee Pok at EAT, it's just outside of JP and facing the MRT Station. I was also craving for some Mee Pok. Did I say that there was no crowd...well, my eyes lied. EAT was packed. Sigh... we dragged our disppointed feet to B1 and went to LAI LAI instead. Honestly, 'SUP SUP SOI LA' ......

With our unsatisfied tummies in tow, we decided to go home as the flight here was a horrendous 7am departure from Jakarta. But I think I pity myself more. 9am to be ready?! [FYI... I had to get up at 845am to brush my teeth and do my hair and take a dump and all the other stuff a guy has to do to look good. Oh yeah, I wore a cap today actually. :) ]

Since we did not have noodles, I decided to make noodles for dinner: Beef Rib Soup Noodles (fusion style)


- Beef Short Ribs were marinated for 2 hours in KECAP MANIS... it's an Indo sweet sauce that we all know so well but do not get any other brand except for Cap Bango (read: chap bung-oh) also soy sauce

- 2 hours later, transfer all the dressing and the ribs into a soup pot and fill it with about 750ml of water. Add a table spoon of chopped garlic and cook in high heat for 30 mins. After that, reduce to simmer for the next 90 minutes. After this the meat will be soft enough that the slightest movement will seperate the bones from the meat.... (all I had to do was walk into the kitchen and I guess the vibration caused the bones to automatically slide away from the meat -_- )

- Remove the ribs and place them into an oven and on high heat for 5 minutes, cook them babies!! Add the Golden Mushrooms into the soup and add some Cherry Tomatoes into the oven as well. This will add that natural sweetness and a tinge of fruity sourness.

- Cook the noodles at this stage and whilst cooking the noodles, in the same pot, boil the eggs as well. When the noodles are done, the eggs will be too!


Serving style is simple with the noodles going in first, followed by the soup and then the sliced meat and half-cut eggs, the grilled cherry tomatoes on the side. I also added a small satchet of Japanese Seaweed rice topping (meant for rice normally, but I am not normal... so) To top it off, add a dash of Paprika to the dish for that tango in the mouth and a squeeze of Jap Sweet Sauce on the Beef Strips will make this dish a warm welcome to a rainy evening. So I made enough for the family.... wait... where's MY bowl?! OIIIiiiiiii?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment