Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some new toys....

A visit to Vivo City to get all my personal banking done and suddenly, the itch was there..... how about some new toys... (no! not THOSE toys you foul minded gents! Vivo doesn't sell them, elsewhere.... I'll tell you next time) ANYWAY..... I was refering to shopping in Daiso.... cheap as chips!!!! Damn.... but they did not have what I wanted - a splatter cover but I got myself an electronic timer and a peeler each @ $2! Yeah ok... cheap thrill.... but literally!!



Did I mention that I just got a new Phillips kettle? WOOOOO HUUUU.... It's brushed Alu look matches with the kitchen so well that I HAD BUY IT! Of course, it did set me back $25 (with the help of $50 Best Denki Voucher) but hey.... it looks the DADDY in me kitchen!

A Facebook post by me: what to cook, what to cook, what to cook.
Responses were not many, 1 said to cook chicken curry, while others spoke jibberish but 1 came back to cook Rack of Lamb / Agilo Olio / Roasted Pumpkin Soup. WOW! I had all the ingredients for a wicked Agilo Olio!! Of course, that can wait, cos I'm still in the SHOPPING ZONE!!!! Well..... if you consider shopping in Giant - s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g....

3 fags (puffs / 'batangs' / curuts / 条 - god damn it! It still don't sound right.. but you guys know what I mean right? *RIGHTTTT!!?!?) and a cuppa after, I set off for home which took no more than 7 minutes... WEST SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Bolted to the kitchen and got all the things I needed for that Aglio Olio.



Aglio Olio:

- Speggs + garlic + parsley flakes + Indo Chilli Padi + chilli flakes + cherry grape tomatoes


1) Speggs are to be cooked in its normal method: in hot salted water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. About the standard 10 minutes will be enough.

2) Cut the tomatoes into halves and grill them red suckers!! 5 minutes on each side either of high or mid-high heat. Grill the skin side first....

3) When the speggs are boiling, get 5 tablespoons of the liquid and seperate into a small bowl for later use

4) In the meantime, cut your garlic and also chilli padi and parsley OR you can use dried parsley leaves.

5) When the Speggs are almost Al-dante, start on another pan: olive oil, garlic and cut chilli on mid-high. Once the speggs are done, drain them over cold tap water. Transfer them straight to the other pan and start to ruffle the mixture together. It won't take long, 1 minute at the max and then you finally add the parsley.

6) To serve, use a thong (I said... USE... I didn't say WEAR) or a pasta scoop, and in a shallow plate, stage the speggs at the center of the plate then add the grilled tomatoes and place them at the side. Dress the plate with 1 table spoon of olive oil, a dust of black pepper and some dried chilli flakes... and there you go! Of course, add Parma Cheese if your tongue calls for it and enjoy!



Other substitutions to the parsley can be diced basil leave, orengano or even rosemary. Also, some diners do like to add prawns to this dish, white meat fish or even ham / bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment