Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thank you for flying with us.....

"I'm leaving on a jet plane.... don't know when I'll be back again......" really, I don't 'cos I only got a 1 way ticket to Singapore. I'll be back in Jan I guess, just that, I really don't know when..... X'mas in Singapore with the family from Indo here will be a blessed one though! :) And oh! 3 more days to celebrating me Mumm's b-day in Amara Sanctuary @ Shutters!! Hope that they will do a good job not like what they did for me for my wedding.....

I stated in Facebook the following:

Everytime I'm heading to airport in JKT... I always get that adreneline rush!! Jammed? Flooded? Riots? Demonstrations? 530 departure and I'm still potentially 2 hrs away! :) as thrilling as bungee jumping only you know that you'll still be alive after ordeal :)




However, being a Saturday, the roads were empty for easy and happy travelling. I was from Grand Indonesia, 1 of the bigger and nicer malls in Jakarta after having celebrated my nephew's 16th B-day.... boy is he TALL.... towering at 1.83m... I don't know how these kids grow so fast! We were at Kenny Rogers and what took me back by surprise was that they gave out CHOCOLATE or BANANA Muffins instead of the CORN Muffins that they do here in SG. (choco or banana muffs don't go well with chicken and savoury sides..... well not to me they don't)








The night flight back to SG was nice, it was a half full flight on Air Asia and I was given the emergency seat. HOT SEAT for FREE!!!! Thanks Air Asia! :) I have been using Air Asia for some time now and God forbid that they have delays in the future but for now, they have been quite punctual.



GET OUT!!! Changi Airport was SOOOOOO crowded! The DFS after immigration was swarming with customers.... so when I saw a gap in the cashier, I slid my Choya (for me Mrs) and Kilkenny (for me Mrs too.... -_-) Collection of the check-in luggage later, my beautiful Mrs was there looking like the bombshell she is (I was lucky.. her contacts were not clean when she said yes to being my girlfriend and eventually my wife)

In the car we got and my tummy went: FEED ME!!!!! ok... so I reckon we had to go for dinner but as it was already quite late, I thought that a light meal would be good (of course, when you are 8 Kgs off your ideal weight, you tend to want to watch what you eat....) so, I decided to get back home and whip something light and easy.

Japanese Cabbage and Cheese Omelete With Japanese Shrimps


- a head of cabbage to be thinly sliced and put into boiling salted water for 30 seconds

- 2 eggs beaten and garnished with salt + pepper + fine chilli power (if you have them)

- in a well oiled non-stick pan, on high heat, pour the beaten eggs into it and start to swerve the pan in rollies so that the egg will be evenly distributed unto the hot surface of the pan. If you have a cover for the pan, cover it and let it cook for 1 minute. After a minute, make sure that you test the toughness of the egg so that when you flip it, it will not tear..... on the new side, turn the heat to medium and place cheese if you have unto that upside and let cook again for another minute (by this time, the egg will be solid enough not to be broken easily)


Serving is simple with placement of the sliced cabbage unto the plate, add a dash of fine sugar into the cabbage, if you have Japanese vinegar, add a dash of that too, lay the cheesed side of the omelete down facing to the veg so that it will infuse together. Lastly, splatter Salad Cream or Jap Mayo with Jap Sweet Sauce (you can get both Jap Mayo or Sweet Sauce from DAISO for SGD 2 each.... ) and last but not least, drizzle it with some Dried Jap Shrimps..... YATAH!!!!

Easy peasy meal and light. A quick skip to the weighing scale.... WHAT THE HEY?!?!? WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN IT POINTS TO 83?!?!?!? (Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.... sobssssss) oh well...... slim don't suit me

No comments:

Post a Comment