Monday, December 21, 2009

Cooking like many things, comes from the heart

A friend on Facebook posted that his lovely wife bought him an IPhone. I for one don't like IPhones..... long story. But we were commenting away when a comment stated:

So now you have to love your wife MORE.

Really? More gifts = more love? I beg to differ. A joke it may be, but it just shows the mentality which I feel is not right. My Mrs does not love me more when I get her designer bags or watches, she loves me ALOT as is!

So I think, cooking is the same... it should be from the heart. A simple meal can mean many emotions as well and does not necessarily mean that more imgredients = more love. A simple dish comes to mind: Korean Instant Noodles with Oodles of Goodies.


- Mushrooms cut to strips

- Shoulder Bacon cut to strips

- I don't need to teach you folks how to cook instant noodles now do I? But what you may want to add, is that extra chilli power and a touch of corn statch mixture that will add volumes to the soup

- Egg is plopped into the pot during cooking and left for 1 minute to allow for it to be cooked but yet have a soft yolk. The pan lid is required to maintain convection heat flow for the egg to cook in short time



Serving is simple with care not to break the yolk and just loosely place the bacon and shrooms in a tidy format. Last but not least, add the dried flakes given with the noodles and let the diner infuse them with the soup.

'Cooking is a gift from the heart, you can tell when the food is cooked with love and not asking back for anything in return. Cooking is an art of the heart.' ~ ILC

2 comments:

  1. This is the best instant noodle dish EVER!
    It's amazing what you can do to liven them up a bit! I love the sound of the runny egg! Yum!

    ReplyDelete