Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rain rain go away

Saturday morning and the rain kept me awake... the pitter patter of sky juice!?! Argghhh.....

To make it worse, the Sambal Kang Kong from Pasir Panjang New Hong Kong Street 'Che Char' gave me the crappers!!!!! OUCHHHH......

To appease the tummy and my rectum, I ransacked my Samsung Fridge to see what I can find from before. Not so much as left overs, but ingredients for a tummy cooling soup... Cucumber / Wolfberries / Golden Shrooms / Tomatoes / Egg.

As the Mrs was still asleep, I could be on time for a soup-in-bed Saturday morning surprise. Wait... the crapper called (the agony!)





Back to the kitchen and my legs were wobbly from the 'tai-chi' controlled release. Knife and chopping board out, Cooling Soup here we go:


- Cucumber are diced into cubes

- Tomatoes are diced into small cubes

- Wolfberries are soaked in water

- The stock, now the stock is tricky, well if you want to start from scratch but I decided to use the good 'ol Indo way..... RYOCO! :) Easy and quick, a small satchet of this 'taste enhancer' will do the magic, but of course, do add water to taste. Add into 750ml of water to this satchet into a pot and bring it to a boil.

- Golden shrooms are to be washed and just spread apart

- An egg to be beaten in a bowl for pouring into the pot later

- Corn starch if you like your soup to be thick (I know for the ladies, it would be among OTHERS, but let's revert our attention to the dish shall we and I mean culinary dish)




Method: to be honest, just dump all the ingredients in. But best to let the cucumber 1st, shrooms + wolfberries 2nd, 3rd tomatoes (this is in accordance to toughness of these ingredients in soup) and lastly corn statch else beaten eggs to thicken the soup. When done, add a dash of pepper and done. Warm and cooling for the body..... ahhhh......... CRAPPERS AGAIN!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment