Saturday, December 12, 2009

Busy day but rewarding dinner at PIZZA HUT?!?

It was a busy day for me on Friday, had many places to go and things to do, but it was worth it and I achieved all that I needed to do.... bills, shops, delivery, abit of shopping :) (what? only gals shop!?)
I woke up late thou, but thankfully, the traffic in Jakarta was kind to me and thus, I was able to get around OK.

I accompanied a friend to the nearby mall and we had a good walk around. He was looking to change his BB trackball, but couldn't find the colour that he was looking for and decided not to change it to a black trackball.... he was looking for a PINK one?! EWwwwwww....... there are some things that will be nice in pink.... like you know....certain parts of the female anatomy.. (sorry ladies.... not trying to be rude)

I had a sudden urge for Pizza and the nearest was Pizza Hut. Well it may be a turn off for some readers, especially in the USA as I know that they serve better pizzas there, like the 1 dollar a slice ones that drip with its oil but tastes like a sweet piece of heaven, but here in good 'ol Jakarta, Pizza Hut dominates and also a fantastic price to boot!!! I mean, a medium Crown Crust Pizza going for SGD 8 and its Prawn Bruschetta costing only SGD 2.50.... HELL YEAH!!!!!





Well the total damage for the meal was a not-so-painful SGD17 for 2 and our tummies were filled! Time for round 2 of shopping; we headed off to another mall, it's near my friend's resto - Pluit Village. It's shapped like an airport with its never ending length. What do you know! It has a Singapore food court on the 3rd floor and is huge! I had a quick tour of the food court which had NO SMOKING SECTION!?!? That's Singapore style for you! Hmm..... maybe it's just me but I didn't know that Singapore is famous for its SEMBAWANG Yong Tau Fu?! I heave heard of Sembawang records, but for YONG TAU FU!?!? Hmm.... clearly, the owner of this food court has BEEN to Singapore, I give him that much. Sadly, some of the Indonesians are 'ignorant' enough to think that the food here is replicating Singapore's best!? (Minister Mentor, IF.... and I do mean IF and in my dreams, you read this..... me thinks you should TM the name SINGAPORE...... this food court will render actual Singapore food as CRAP!)


Anyway, enough of my bantering, let's dwell into Bruschetta shall we? I made this before and I was inspired to share with you all due to having sunk my teeth into the Prawn Bruschetta in Pizza Hut. This is Vegetarian Bruschetta with Salsa Topping.



- cut baguettes into 1 inch thick portions

- take tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and dice them

- open a can of mashed tomatoes and cook it with oilve oil and onions.... add dried chopped basil into this and continue to cook in mid-high heat until the mixture is totally mashed. Remember to add salt + pepper to taste

- heat a pan and 'olivize' it (as in use olive oil to lay the pan..... easier to type heh) put in the bell peppers + onions and cook them for 3 minutes on high heat and then add the tomatoes last for another 1 minute, let them rest after

- if you have garlic spread, spread it thinly unto the breads OR use the garlic itself and rub it unto the pieces of bread. After this, distribute the cooked peppers / onions / tomatoes on the bread. Some may like the salsa to be above the vegs OR above the cheese. Which ever way, you know what? It will taste sexy! So after or before the salsa sauce placed unto the cooked vegs, sprinkle Mozza Cheese and grated Parma if you have them.

- lay them unto alu foil and chuck these puppies into the grill oven and on high heat for 1 minute.... that's all folks!!

Serving is simple on a nice large plate and sprinkle more herbs after they are done and add spits of olive oil above them and that's all there is to it! Open your mouths and enjoy the blast of vegs / herbs and the bread itself......



Back to SG I go and I will be attempting a local dish next, 'Iga Penyet'........ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment