Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Dinner with the mates

Heyyyyy ALLLLLL!!! I hope you all had a great New Year and also Christmas yah! Well it's 2010 today and what better to spend the 2nd day with mates. The Mrs decided to do some Chinese cooking! Woooo HOOOOOO........ The menu are as follows:

1) Pork Belly in Stew
2) Stuffed Squid with Minced Pork
3) 3 Eggs Spinach
4) Squid Eggs with Minced Pork
5) Shrimp Rice
6) XO Glass Prawns

The images will follow suit tomorrow. For now, I'll just pass you a day I had with the nephews last week and an insperation to a dish which I made.


It was on an evening when me and the kids had a walk to West Coast Park and we went all the way to end of it. What I saw was something that I did not expect honestly. It's just nice to know that in this cosmopolitan country, simple sights like what I saw was a nice change.


I have never seen this in Singapore so maybe yes, I am a tad 'sua ku', meaning ignorant / naive / mountain goat / dumb-a$$ (in my understanding). With that refreshing view, I remembered of a fish dish that I have made before and so fellow foodies, read on to my: Pesto Fish draped with Cheese.



- I used Salmon for this. Pat the fish into Japanese Crumbs by dipping the fish with egg first. In an Olivized pan, fry the fish crumbs down for 1 minute and lift the other side and grill it on the un-crumbed side.
- Grill some bacon strips as well, 3 will be good for presentation (always use ODD numbers of food for presentation, it looks better)
- Tablespoon of Pesto Sauce and add 1 teaspoon of Olive oil to it and 1 table spoon of water. Add a drop of Honey and in a medium heat pan, cook to the boil.
- Lay a slice of Cheese above the crumbed part of the Salmon and in its own heat, the cheese will melt. Cover the grill pan with a lid and turn off the heat and remove from the stove to prevent from over cooking.


Serving is easy as the image above and in the steps.... bacon / fish / pesto dressing. You can use any fish like Cod or Dory as well. Sprinkle herbs on the fish and also a press of lemon to bring the zing!

Did I tell you that I won in 4-D. SGD 30 thou.... pathetic huh? Well at least it's a win? Good fortune this year? And Fish as well? Year Year Have Fish in Chinese saying means - fortune every year!



No comments:

Post a Comment