Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend as a freeloader...

I can't help it, I admit, it does feel good to be a freeloader... :)

A freakin loaded mate asked us for Nonya Buffet and what can I say? NO?!? Of course I jumped on the offer... so did the Mrs and also another friend.... now he is a different story altogether.

Anyway, we had a good dinner at King Coperthorne Hotel and my goodness... what a dinner. The food there was great and the company was also enjoying. Chatting and laughing made us loose track of time but made our memories of school in UK immortal.






After the dinner we went to Sopranos. It's at 7 Portsdown Road. The pictures that I took here were during the afternoon but of course, we went after dinner. But the place is as relaxing in the afternoon as it is at night. We had thier house red which was smooth to the taste and as I prefer Medium bodied wine, this bottle was perfect. Get this... it's SGD 29 / bottle. WHAHAHA...... How can we not order it?!


Anyway, Sopranos has an awesome array of Pasta. Pages and pages of pasta (mind you... it's not like the crap from Pastamania). The different styles of cooking and types of pasta as well... lovely! Inspired, here is a pasta spegg dish that I made from before:

1 Squid 1 Portion Pasta

- Pasta is simple ya? Just make sur eto boil to al-dente
- Clean and cut a whole squid.. make sure you remove the beak and clean the ink sack properly (we are not cooking squid ink pasta today)
- Making the sauce by adding 5 tablespoons of the pasta water and add a teaspoon of pesto sauce
- Quick fry the squid in a little puddle of olive oil
- Add garlic and the the pesto mixture. Add parsley into it as well and a dash of pepper
- Add the al dante pasta to the mixture


Serving this dish is not rocket science and just add parmesan cheese and more parsley.

Did I tell you guys that the whole was FREE for me as it was me mates who paid for the dinner and the drinks!? :) If only every weekend was like this.... perfect and I'll save tonnes!

No comments:

Post a Comment