Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Colours..... bright colours

I went to JB last week with some mates and it was fun..... dinner and such (no hanky panky - had an episode with the JB police). Whislt waiting for one of the guys to get his hair done, I had time to do what I liked amongst the 3 most common activity in Holiday Plaza - Hair cuit.. NO. Foot massage.. NO. Padi / Mani.. YES. It was 70 Ringgit about 29 SGD so I guess it's ok. Now my nails are bling bling from the polish... wow! Thinking about this, it reminded a nail bar owned by the Mrs' friend - Blk 407 ang mo kio ave 10, #01-757.






We went there before for the opening and as any nail bar, it was BRIGHT... very nice and colourful. This is not big but very homely and I would guess that the nail artists will know the customers from thier families to what thier dogs had eaten?! (gossip.. what else can they do when the nails are being done?)

This brings me to the dish which I made with bell peppers - colourful and tasty, healthy too! I am now on a low carb diet and have been walking for 90 minutes per day and swim about 300m. Let's hope that by the time I go to UK, I would have lost enough weight so as not to look like a puffed up humanoid wearing winter gear.

Tri-Pepper Salad


- cut and dice into small cubes, 3 different coloured bell peppers
- cut and dice also a cucumber
- boil some quail eggs
- cut squid into strips as well and boil them in salted water for 1 minute max in high heat
- make your own Vinaigrette dressing by mixing 3 table spoons of Olive oil + 2 table spoons of Balsamic Vinegar + sprinkles of salt + 1 teaspoon of Honey


Serving is simple, just put everything in a bowl and done! It's fast and easy to do, not much cooking needed. Make sure that the dressing is mixed well and the taste will be glorious. Mind you, this is also healthy! Last ingredient would be diced chilli padi as well. If you may not know, chilli is good as an anti-oxidant as well as good for generating higher metabolism. :)

Ok, it's raining now, so maybe I'll walk later.... the bed and the pitter patter of the rain is like a lullaby.....ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment