Thursday, January 7, 2010

So not everyone likes what I cook

It's hard to please everyone I guess? The signs were there.... how initially I was invited to cook, to how the direction changed to someone else. Well, everyone has different tastes right? But what I don't appreciate is the patronizing. And I CAN cook Chinese food too yah..... Maybe it's not even about the food?! It's about me? Oh well... slightly taken aback by the comment but I'm still cooking anyway... :)

Comfort food... I need comfort food!! I can think of one. I made this sometime back but not as comfort food, but if I were to make comfort food, this will be one of them. It's a simple dish that requires cheap ingredients - cabbage / corned beef / bread.


- Use a whole can of corned beef and add half a can of water into the beef in a pan. Cooking it for 5 minutes on high heat
- Clean some cannage leaves and put them into the pan after the beef is put to rest after cooking it for the past 5 minutes
- Lastly, tear off the bread pieces and soak them into the cooked beef
- Transfer the mixture into an oven pan and bake in high heat for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes is up, lace cheese over the baking pan and let it rest for several minutes in the grill


Serving of this dish is as simple as can be. Just scoop out a portion and serve it. Of course, other garnishes can be added - herbs and chilli flakes will be great. Drizzle olive oil and add dried chopped garlic. Ummmmm mummy........

I just went to the British Border Agency yesterday... I hope that I can get it to go UK for my honeymoon!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Who say u can't cook?! Of course, u can cook!!! Delicious cooking in fact!

    ReplyDelete