Thursday, January 21, 2010

you want SEAFOOD? I'll GIVE you SEAFOOD!!!

Well maybe not in that an angry a tone but you get the drift... :)


The Mrs was hopping around mad with request of yet another seafood meal. My burnt pocket smelling its ashes, I give in. If you know my wife, she has a face that the word 'NO' cannot be given to. So unwillingly, willingly I agreed to cook that seafood dinner for her tonight.


Prawns in XO again she said..... she IS an alcoholic actually... WHAHAH but hey... what can I say? She is my wife afterall... I just need to hide all the alcohol in the house, but her nose, trained to sniff out the slightest even of alcohol, will be able to find out where the stash is hidden. So I'm not even going to try.


Uncooked... yes, these are just the prep pictures, but I know they will turn out great! Well, I hope they do or else, I have deproved. Next is Crayfish with Sambal sauce. These puppies will be grilled and then served with thier own juices. Simple enough preping - mixture of sambal + honey + soy sauce + garlic + a bit of water and there your have the dressing, simply laced all over the crayfish and let the marinate get into them buggers and grill..... you'll be crayfish heaven.


Squid, I love squid... LOVE. I decided to strip these suckers down and no more pigments on them but just the white, fair sexy meat of the tentacled wonder. I cut them to size and diamond cut them. Give this a slight dash of oil and let them rest. Later, they will be dipped into a batter of egg + flour + water + dash of sugar. Quick fried in DAMN HOT OIL.... and then removed and cooked again with salt + pepper over high heat with a LITTLE.. and I do mean LITTLE bit of oil and toss these suckers until the smell of burnt salt + pepper fills the air.


This rice dish is a simple dish. The tenticles of the squid, I sliced them and added them into a rice cooker with garlic, teaspoon of the following - soy sauce and chinese black vinegar. A drop of sesame oil, 1 sliced chilli padi and add a table spoon of white wine. Let the rice cook on its own and when you hear the 'click' of the rice cooker, you know it's done!


Sprinkle chilli flakes, dried chives and dried garlic bits. Serving? What serving? You see the spoon? Right, pick it up and open your mouth. There you go... now scoop the rice and shove the spoon into your mouth. Now, tell me..... you mentioned serving style? Not all is about serving it nicely, sometimes, it's all about enjoying what you have in front of you... :)

I'll post the cooked results of the above mentioned food. Well, I have tried the prawns before, but the other 2 dishes? Fingers crossed, they will turn out as per my normal standard.... EDIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment